Sunday 31 October 2010

Getting back into the swing of things

Sad to say, half term is over, and as per usual the mad rush to complete the extensive amount of homework you've been set to complete over half term has begun.

I'm sitting here at my computer, wondering how to write this entire essay on how the USA is a superpower - yeah sure, I've got a lot of random contemporary knowledge and a mild amount of various statistics; it's just too much effort to actually string a sentence together which answers the title question - my brain has been inactive for a week now, mixed with a week of fairly heavy drinking and dull tasks which has almost turned me into nothing more than a mere husk. I needed any reason to get away from writing this essay, so I headed towards "rant sanctuary" - my blog.

Other work needs to be completed, but I've prioritised it to what needs to be done now, and what doesn't; to be frank, none of it needs to be completed now. It's Halloween. It's the last day of half term, I deserve to relax? My ability to concentrate and stick to a single, academic task is currently at an all time low, why stress myself?

I'm stressing myself because I've decided to strive towards not becoming a failure. This means background reading and working in free periods during school time. Doing homework to a good and fulfilled standard, on time, every time (cheesy much?). Revising. Lots of revising.

It'll be quite nice to go back to school anyway tomorrow, I need to remain positive - I've had a great half term, and like everything great, it has to come to an end.

No comments: